[Rt-devel] Deleting a ticket, should this work?

Alex Meyer apmeyer at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 21 11:30:38 EST 2006

I got this little code snippet out of the RT Essentials book.

perl -I/opt/rt3/lib -MRT -e'
         RT::LoadConfig(); RT::Init();
         my $t = RT::Transaction->new($RT::SystemUser);
         $t->Load(ticket#_goes_here);
         print $t->Delete;
         '

It doesn't really seem to do anything though. Maybe once upon a time
it worked, but not now. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I'd
really like to be able to delete our spam from the spam queue
COMPLETELY because our MySQL db is already over 2 gigs.

I should add that i don't get an error when running the above, it
says 1 objected deleted but when I check the web interface and the
mysql db the entry is still there.

Thanks,
Alex