[Rt-devel] Custom Ticket Creation Form

Andrew Dougherty andrewd at onshore.com
Fri Oct 6 14:59:09 EDT 2006

Hello,

 	After many attempts at trial and error and after a moderate
amount of web research, including downloading and searching all of the
mailinglists, I feel compelled to ask this question of the
mailinglist.

 	I am trying to create a custom ticket creation form, by
forking Create.html.  I do not want Custom Fields, just to add the
extra INPUTs to the Content input that becomes the first comment.

 	As I don't know the "sequence diagrams" for RT, I have been
unable to find a way to make this change (theoretically impossible)
within the Create.html file, nor find where the Ticket is being
created (and the form processed), and thus make the change there.

 	I am not sure that this is even the correct mechanism for
making a custom form of this type.  I did read through the "RT
Essentials" but did not really see a way to do this.

 	All I really need is someone to acknowledge which bearing the
solution lies on.  For instance, can I simply create a Scrip that
takes care of the post processing and test on the existence of the
extra INPUTs?

 	Any assistance would be very appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andrew Dougherty

 	Here are the extra INPUTs

 	<!-- BEGIN NONSENSE -->

 	% foreach my $field ("Username","Unit","Phone Number") {
 	<TR>
 	<TD class=label>
 	<&|/l&><%$field%></&>:
 	</TD>
 	<TD class=value COLSPAN=5>
 	<INPUT Name="<%$field%>" SIZE=15 MAXSIZE=100
value="<%$ARGS{$field} || ''%>"><BR>
 	</TD>
 	</TR>
 	% }

 	<TR>
 	<TD class=label>
 	<&|/l&>Issue Type</&>:
 	</TD>
 	<TD class=value>
 	<SELECT NAME="Issue Type">
 	% foreach my $problem ("Speed Problems","VOIP
Problems","Connectivity","Service Outage","Other") {
 	<OPTION "<%$problem%>"><%$problem%>
 	% }
 	</SELECT>
 	</TD>
 	</TR>

 	<TR>
 	<TD class=label>
 	<&|/l&>Severity</&>:
 	</TD>
 	<TD class=value>
 	<SELECT NAME="Severity">
 	% foreach my $severity (1..5) {
 	<OPTION "<%$severity%>"><%$severity%>
 	% }
 	</SELECT>
 	</TD>
 	</TR>

 	<TR>
 	<TD class=label>
 	<&|/l&>Building</&>:
 	</TD>
 	<TD class=value>
 	<SELECT NAME="Building">
 	% foreach my $building ("blah","blah","blah") {
 	<OPTION "<%$building%>"><%$building%>
 	% }
 	</SELECT>
 	</TD>
 	</TR>

 	<!-- END NONSENSE -->

I then wish to have all the values for the INPUTs added into the value
for the Content.

i.e. theoretically:

 	$ARGS{Content} = join("\n",map "$_: $ARGS{$_}",
 		("Username","Unit","Phone Number","Issue Type",
 		"Severity","Building","Content"))."\n\n\n";

Andrew Dougherty
Network Operations and Security Engineer
onShore Networks, LLC
(312)850-5200 ext. 146