[Rt-devel] schema thought

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 10 12:46:03 EDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Is there any reason not to
>
>   alter table Groups change Instance Instance int unsigned not null;
>
> currently Instance is always a number (either some sort of Id, or
> 1), yet
> it's stored in a varchar(64)

(I removed SQL comments from the grep below)

pinglin:~/svk/rt-3.6/etc jesse$ grep Instance schema.* |grep -v INDEX
schema.Informix:        Instance        INTEGER DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
schema.Oracle:  Instance        NUMBER(11,0) DEFAULT 0 -- NOT NULL
schema.Pg:  Instance integer,
schema.SQLite:  Instance integer
schema.Sybase:  Instance integer,
schema.mysql:  Instance integer,