[Rt-devel] 3.6.4rc1 performance regression on a fairly complex search (CROSS JOIN???)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Wed May 30 12:27:24 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:22:03PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> _Correct_ when searching on multiple requestors. But that doesn't
> make it Right.  Let's let ruslan take a shot at his fix. Worst case,
> we'll go back to the not-as-correct requestor search behaviour.

Just from the peanut gallery: a wrong answer faster is not obviously
the best choice.  My own view is that right is automatically inside
the set "correct", so to the extent the old query doesn't give the
right answer, it's just a bug.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.
		--Scott Morris