[Rt-devel] Huge number of database queries

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 23 13:20:19 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 06:55:18PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:

> Here is the log of the SQL queries. I meant to send this earlier today.
>
> Note that I am sending this off-list. I have redacted some of the
> information, even though it may seem innocuous, but I don't think it
> will get in your way. I didn't actually delete any of the entries
> though.

[re-cced to rt-devel now that I've removed the SQL log]

There is one thing I notice in your log that's "not right" and is likely
RT's fault. of the 51 queries to build a ticket history page, a large
number of them are for "Transaction custom fields"   Those could all be
done with a single query and pre-loaded. That may be worth looking at if
you see a performance issue there. But it's well-indexed and shouldn't
be _much_ of a performance it. (Famous last words, I know).