[Rt-devel] RT 3.7.80 - First RT 3.8 beta release

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 14 10:01:48 EDT 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Jason Long wrote:
> Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>
>> RT 3.7.80 isn't recommended for production use, but feedback is
>> appreciated.
>
> The upgrade of "RT's system database objects" is a little painful.
> With seven directories between 3.6 and 3.8, and three commands for
> each directory, each time getting prompted for the database
> password, yuck.

You _can_ use an alternate invocation that specifies the database
password....

> Any way it can be simplified?

I know I've seen a shell script floating around which walks all
upgrades after a specified version. I'd love a patch that added an
upgrade target that does _that_.

> At the very least, could the seven directories be consolidated into
> a single directory, containing all the changes?

That would actually screw over anyone upgrading from within 3.7.