[Rt-devel] Which tool to use for translation

Rolf Grossmann rg at progtech.net
Tue Aug 12 11:30:12 EDT 2008

Hi Jesse,

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> We've been starting to play with launchpad.net's community translation
> features.
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/rt/3.8/+pots/rt
>
> This may be a much better way for folks to easily collaborate on
> translation.
>
> I'd really love your feedback.

This looks great. I just signed up to see if I could help.

However, right on the first translation I already noted a problem: The
source string starts with a space (see
share/html/Widgets/SavedSearch:117) which doesn't show up in the html
output. Now that particular space isn't really required (the resulting
space could probably be achieved with a style change if you'd like to
keep it), but I'd say it certainly is bad style to have a string
starting with a space. The same goes for ending on a space, which a
quick look at the .po file shows to be used aswell.

So what do you think? Should we just go on translating the strings
without regard for those spaces or would you like to fix that first?

Rolf.