[Rt-devel] Unpriveleged users questions

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Aug 25 15:16:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 14:54, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> Please do not crosspost to rt-users and rt-devel. Almost everyone on
> rt-devel is also on rt-users.

Okay. I was not sure, as that is not always the case for various software
communities,
and the questions posed seemed to span:
* for general discussion of the use of RT, basic troubleshooting, sharing of
tips, etc.
* for discussion of modifying RT's codebase yourself or deep technical
discussions about RT.

though admittedly leaning toward dev.

> Is there a more convenient way of listing or finding an unprivileged user,
> other than incrementing id in
> https://rt.cambenergy.org/Admin/Users/Modify.html?id=36 ?
>

> Use the search box on:
>
> https://rt.yourco.org/Admin/Users/index.html

Oh, okay. Sorry. The previous threads I read implied that one did not have
ready access to
non-privileged users... Perhaps I mixed things up and that was just getting
a listing of them,
which would also be useful.

Why does the user id space seem to be sparsely populated (and many of them
> blank)?
>
> Last I read in the archives, the answer was unfortunately "no. by design"
>
> Because the sequence number is coming from the Principals table

So, best as I'm able to puzzle our from Principal.pm, wiki:ObjectModel and
Essentials,
you mean to say that (nearly) all objects live in a single number space?

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet