[Rt-devel] Unpriveleged users questions

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 25 15:35:08 EDT 2008

2008/8/25 Jerrad Pierce <jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org>:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 14:54, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
> wrote:

[snip]

>> Why does the user id space seem to be sparsely populated (and many of them
>> blank)?
>>
>> Last I read in the archives, the answer was unfortunately "no. by design"
>>
>> Because the sequence number is coming from the Principals table
>
> So, best as I'm able to puzzle our from Principal.pm, wiki:ObjectModel and
> Essentials,
> you mean to say that (nearly) all objects live in a single number space?

Nope, principals have own unique set of ids, but each principal object
represent a group, user or another object (in theory, for example once
I wanted to implement networks based ACLs using this feature, however
lost fun). All these objects (principal can represent) have id equal
to id of its principal object. It's just an coincident that all your
users have odd ids.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.