[Rt-devel] Custom Field Conditions in Template

beikaixin casey at seeqpod.com
Fri Feb 15 16:25:16 EST 2008

Hi,

This is what I want to do in my template, in pseudo code:

If Multi-value CF 1 has at least one value
      Iterate over all values in CF 1
          print each value
      End
End

If Multi-value CF 2 has at least one value
      Iterate over all values in CF 2
          print each value
      End
End

I am using the code found at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddCustomFieldstoTemplates to iterate
over and display the multi-valued custom fields. The main problem is, this
only works when both custom fields have at least one value (actually, it's
broken again now, but it has worked in the past, only under these
conditions).

I don't know how custom fields are stored (hash, array, etc.), or if they
are initially populated with any values (e.g., a '(no value)' value) or not,
but if did, I could write conditions to skip the while loops and avoid
problems.

Any Ideas about how to do this?