[Rt-devel] Looking up a ticket by attachment's messageid

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Feb 26 16:57:43 EST 2008

Since the MessageId is stored in a field in the Attachments table, I
assume that someone thought it'd be useful to be able to search on that
field.  However, I don't see any API function that allows us to look up
an attachment by messageid, or a ticket by an associated attachment's
messageid.

What's the easiest way to go about introducing such a function?  I
presume I'd create a "Tickets_Local.pm" file and create the appropriate
function.  Is there an existing function that can perform this query?