[Rt-devel] RT 3.8.0rc1 now available

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 13 16:33:13 EDT 2008

I'm pleased to announce the first release candidate for RT 3.8.0.
Because we're running a little short on time today, the detailed
release notes (with pictures!) which will accompany the final release
of RT 3.8.0 are not yet available). Instead, the following Exciting!
New! Features! list will have to suffice for the afternoon:

	Rich text editor!
	GnuPG integration!
	A new visual style!
	Lots of user preferences!
	Ticket Bookmarks!
	Hundreds of bug fixes!
	Integrated ticket shredding!
	Code cleanups!
	Better testing!
	(Beta) new installer!
	Ticket relation graphs!

...and lots more stuff you'll hear more about in the coming weeks!

You can download this release candidate from

	http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-3.8.0rc1.tar.gz
	     51b95b5b7bd64ac3dcf0e6f3b1e236926e273c13  rt-3.8.0rc1.tar.gz

	http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-3.8.0rc1.tar.gz.sig
     	     02cf024b728a2bcf6f066368d646ef6058715acb
rt-3.8.0rc1.tar.gz.sig

We've been using RT 3.8 on rt3.fsck.com for the past few weeks and I'm
much, much happier with it than with any RT release I can remember.

This release candidate is not recommended for production deployment
unless you have a fair bit of RT experience and are willing to dive in
and help fix bugs as you run into them. If your RT instance is mission-
critical and you can't afford any downtime, you should wait for the
final release of RT 3.8.0.

The final release date for RT 3.8.0 depends a great deal on the
response to this (and any future) release candidate, but is
tentatively scheduled for the week of July 7, 2008.

Best,
Jesse