[Rt-devel] can't locate RT.pm - in 3.8-testing since beta2

Jason Long jlong at messiah.edu
Fri May 30 10:48:27 EDT 2008

Jason Long wrote:
> Something changed in 3.8-TESTING which broke RT on my system.
>
> If I add --enable-layout=RT3 to my configure invocation, it seems to fix
> the problem. Is this the right solution? Should I rather do something to
> my Apache configuration so it can find the RT files? Or is it a bug?

After closer examination, I think this is a bug. The problem is that
FindBin is using "/usr/sbin/httpd" as the program name, rather than
/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl. So webmux.pl goes looking for the RT library
files in /usr/lib instead of /opt/rt3/lib.

I suggest changing the default layout back to RT3. At least when using
mod_perl.
Jason