[Rt-devel] Need help with RT post upgrade

Janet Houser jhouser at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 15 15:05:59 EDT 2008

Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Janet L. Houser
> <jhouser at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
>>Hi Panu,

>>>Answer below:

>>Yeah, I tried this and it gave me errors and wouldn't run.  That is why
>>I thought I didn't need it with mysql vs. 5.
>
> Have you reported those errors?

No.  I wanted to see if it was something in the script that I could fix first but
I haven't had a chance to look into this.

 From the UPGRADING.mysql file in rt-3.8.1, it says:

 >=== Upgrading RT from versions prior to 3.8.0 ===
 >
 >4) Apply mysql 4.0->4.1 schema changes. RT tarball has script
 >etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl that generates SQL queries to upgrade schema of
 >the DB. Run it:
 >
 >    perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl db user pass > sql.queries

When I ran this command, I got the error:

[root at rt rt-3.8.1]# perl etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl  db user pass  (using db=rt3 and user=root or rt_user)
DBD::mysql version 4.002 required--this is only version 3.0007 at etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at etc/upgrade/schema.mysql-4.0-4.1.pl line 7.

[root at rt rt-3.8.1]# mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.45, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.0

[root at rt rt-3.8.1]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)

I don't quite understand the error.  This is a fresh install of centos and I followed the upgrade
procedures.  I assumed since it was for mysql-4.0 and 4.1 that the error resulted from the fact
that I have mysql vs. 5.0.45.  However, Panu suggested that it should also be run for
mysql vs. 5.

thanks.

janet

--