[Rt-devel] Writing a GUI on top of RT

vxtrq rob.wib at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:25:39 EDT 2009

Greetings,

Where I work, the technical department use RT for handling support errands,
which works great. We would like, however, to let more non-technical
departments use RT for the same purpose. I feel however that the RT GUI is a
bit too technical for most of the people I have in mind, and we've been
thinking about writing our own GUI on top of it, a very easy and
non-technical one.

Have anyone done this before? Is it doable? From what I've understand, there
are several RT Perl Modules that can be used for this.

Any general tips?

Thanks,
Robert