[Rt-devel] [Rt-commit] r18632 - rt/3.8/trunk/lib/RT/Action

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 3 09:41:38 EST 2009

On Tue  3.Mar'09 at 15:37:05 +0100, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> > I _know_ I've used values like "on", "true" and "y" in the patch.
> >
> > how about instead matching on no|0|off?
> >

> well, that's not common to do such thinks, think that maybe in future we
> can find other values for this header to do other message attachement
> related thinks.
> but if you think that maching for y/yes/on/true can break existing
> configs, I can do that.

Basically, when adding a new feature to deal with a previously uncovered
case, the conservative thing to do is to explicitly and carefully match
 on your new case, rather than make guesses about how people might be
using the existing feature in the wild.  By matching tightly on '^yes$',
you've effectively changed the default. And changing defaults out from
under people is bad.

-Jesse