[Rt-devel] managing global options on a per queue basis

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue May 5 00:20:32 EDT 2009

Hi, one of the features requested on our installation of RT has been to be
able to manage some global options, like ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs, on a
per-queue basis. Controlling this behaviour had to be done via the GUI,
with the option of enabling or disabling the facility in RT_Site Config.pm.

Another one of the requests was to enable parsing emails to thread replies
to existing tickets when the subject failed to match but the message id
matched an existing ticket. I found
http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=6704 and used the code there as
a basis for this functionality.

I found the basis for the GUI changes on the wiki somewhere, but I can't
find it again, so I haven't be able to give kudos for the original author :(

The DB performance for handling MessageId was not very good, adding an
INDEX made a world of difference.

You have to set PerQueueGlobals to 1 in RT_SiteConfig.pm else the per
queue code is never executed.

InReplyTo has been setup to allow it to be set globally or per queue.

A check box is added to the Queue Admin page for each of the global
options being handled per queue.

I've tested these changes on a stage machine and it all seems to work
well. I'm currently looking in to how to write tests for this to allow
more robust testing.

I'd appreciate any feed back on this code and suggestions on ways it could
be improved.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>