[Rt-devel] Help with the 3.8.6 Changelog

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 8 14:24:24 EDT 2009

We're starting to ramp up for a 3.8.6 release (aiming for an rc1 shortly).
Best Practical recently developed a tool for distributed changelog generation
that was used on the perl 5.10.1 release.  There have been about 270 non-merge
changes between 3.8.5 and 3.8.6-tobe and we could use your help categorizing
those into the categories we normally use.

3.8.6 will be shipping with a new hierarchical custom field implementation for
categories, forwarding of whole tickets rather than just single transactions,
numerous bug fixes, performance improvements and memory leak fixes.  If you'd
like to help speed up the release process, you can visit

http://changelogger.bestpractical.com/changelog/RT%203.8.6

and click on a few shiny buttons while you wait for those reports to run.

Thanks

-kevin