[Rt-devel] RT 3.8.6rc1 Available for Testing

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 20 10:38:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:10:38AM +0200, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I tried it on our backup machine. Looks good, small problems while
> upgrading.
>
> I've started from the installation dir
> "perl etc/upgrade/split-out-cf-categories"
> this don't work it was complaining about a missing
> Module (RTx/EmailCompletion.pm)
>
> I started the script from the target dir,
> this seems to work.

Check the use lib lines in your script, it should be setting your
installed paths to avoid this issue

> A detailed explanation what it is about the
> hierarchical custom fields would be helpful

Edit a select one custom field and you'll see a
"Categories are based on" option.  That links the two CFs and means
you'll now have two Custom Fields that work together in the UI, rather
than the older style category CF.  This also means you can search on
both the category and the sub-value.

-kevin