[Rt-devel] RT 3.8.8 RC2 availabled for testing.
ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 12 20:47:00 EDT 2010
Release candidate for RT 3.8.7 is now available. You can
download it from:
This is a release with plenty of new features, cleanups and bugfixes.
I'm even not sure what to highlight, so here go all noticable changes:
NEW FEATURES AND MAJOR CHANGES
* Charts improvements
* ChartFont option is now hash with font per language.
* Two default fonts are shipped with RT to cover most
* Table next to chart image now contains links to tickets
matching this particular row.
* Added "hourly" groupping.
* Timezones support, but protected with config option.
* Better scaling of Y axis.
* X axis labes are now vertical if there is no enough
* RTAddressRegexp option improvements
* No default value anymore.
* If value is not set then check queues table.
* Complain into logs if value is not set.
* On create/update/people pages check emails users
enter and deny RT's addresses.
* Admin UI improvements
* more pages in the Admin UI are switched to generic
code to list objects (like tickets in search results)
* display formats for these objects are now configurable
in the config (%AdminSearchResultFormat)
* More columns in column maps for objects other than
* Improved display of the "About this RT" page.
* 'Plugin Mason Component Path Order' on the "About this
* Custom fields ordering and application improvements
* Queue specific custom fields now can be placed above
global, below or even in the middle. Order of global
custom fields stays the same in all queues, but a custom
field that is applied to particular queues can be placed
differently in each queue.
* Make it possible to apply a CF globally from 'Applies To'
* Don't allow to apply a CF globally and to queues at
the same time. When CF is applied globally it is
unapplied from particular queues first.
* RSS feeds without credentials (auth string)
* Introduced a config option to prevent adding the
RT-Originator header in outgoing mails.
* New MessageBoxIncludeSignature* options
* LogoutRefresh config option to control how long to wait
before going back to login
* New config option for AttachmentUnits
* New config option for AlwaysDownloadAttachments
* Require the current password to change password
* Improved LinkValueTo and returned back functionality
* if LinkValueTo starts with __CustomField__ then don't
escape it, but make sure it's not a JS link
* escape links using HTML escaping
* don't wrap into <a> with empty href if link is empty
* Added DefaultMailPrecedence and DefaultErrorMailPrecedence
* Squelch watchers on update. This makes doing silent
* New web handler: bin/fastcgi_server
* Refactored Elements/ShowUser so it's easy to add custom
formats. Several performance improvements in this code.
* MERGE_CACHE to cache information about merged tickets and
lower logs and DB impact on re-checks
* Made NotifyActor into a User Preference
* If the MIME entity has header X-RT-Squelch, do not send
* Improved print layouts
* Serve images in js and css dirs as static files,
so browsers cache them
* Link each relation label to a search for such tickets
* added HasAttribute and HasNoAttribute to the TicketSQL
* New faster and less memory hungry TicketsMaps - First, Prev,
Next and Last links when you view tickets from the current
search. Size is now limitted by a new config option. Floating
window is used to build the links.
CLEANUPS AND SMALL IMPROVEMENTS
* Updated doc/Security with more modern security tips
* Made the plaintext mono feature work in IE.
* Better timezone handling in Tools/Reports/ResolvedByDates.html
* Make sure we don't serve files outside RT's paths
* Additional checks to make sure that credentials
are sent to RT on Login
* Moved CustomField column map from tickets' to generic
* Make height, width, href and alt of the logo configurable
* Load as much as possible when a web-handler with forks
is used, this increase memory sharing accross processes
* A link provided for approvals templates to whoever worked
* Global __WebRequestPath__ and __WebRequestPathDir__
column map entries
* Process custom fields in ModifyDates.html
* Handle Ccs and AdminCcs of the queue in SkipNotification
* Sort callbacks within a root only, respect plugins
* Add some wording to the check boxes on the reply pages
* Reduce whitespace on bottom of boxes as was earlier
* Use smaller margin for reminders display to save space
* Use a reasonable length for scrip descriptions
* Removed a lie about RT CLI still being "unsupported"
* User friendlier errors handling thown by Calendar::Simple
* Splitted some CSS from themes into base/xxx.css
* Googleish search was making incorrect assumptions
about RT::User and RT::Group's Load function
returning a boolean not a list. This was throwing
(harmless, but ugly) errors.
* Don't apply order on collections if sorting is not
* Removed the "URL" parameter to 'Logout' as it had no
* properly use AND/OR when content is searched and
DontSearchFileAttachments option is enabled
* Make sure Merge only possible when user has Modify
right on both tickets
* Fixes for UseSQLForACLChecks option, it was possible
to construct a query and see tickets an user has no
right to see. Lots of tests have been added to make
sure it wouldn't happen again.
* SQL used for ACL checks has been refactored to get
more effective queries. Especially when list of
potential owners is built for the query builder.
* Unified API for tables with disabled column and
fixes when ->Count could return bigger value
when some CFs are disabled.
* I18N was transcoding attachments to UTF-8 one line
at a time. This doesn't work at all for UTF-16 and
probably other encodings.
* Fixed encoding problem when loading a dump file
produced by rt-dump-database.
* Closing </li> was missing in PreviewScrips comp
* Fixed config loading when Fcntl module or other exporting
symbols is loaded. Load was failing with "Not a SCALAR
* Returned back effective SQL when searching by CFs with
= or != operator
* Fixed error on login when user make mistake in password
and he entered character out of ascii range.
* Honor a user's MessageBoxRichTextHeight setting
* Fixed query builder behaviour with NULLs and '' (empty values)
* Fixed potential information loose on incorrect GnuPG mails
* Fixed display-all-rows in Dashboards
* Fixed JS escaping issues
* Set context object in OCFV::CustomFieldObj
* Sessions ended up in /tmp/ in some cases
* Fixed safe_run_child when code dies between fork and exec,
deals with "mysql server has gone away" error
* fix Jumbo reloading and losing message content
* Stop infinte looping when you have global custom
fields and no Queue restriction
* Fixed sorting of custom fields in Results.tsv
* Set of fixes for unicode characters in emails
and tests covering these changes
* Don't create handles we don't need, we can hit limit
* Prevent servers using GnuPG from running out of filehandles
* AboutThisUser in ShowPeople box
* Between the GnuPG and message rows
* Before and After CustomFields
* Before and After TransactionCustomFields
* AfterAddress in PreviewScrips
* At the top of ticket summary columns
* For adding links for attachment downloads
* At the bottom of the logout box
* Pass more information to the FormStart callback
* AfterMessageBox on ticket create page
* In EditDates and ShowDates
* Pass a reference to the signature in MessageBox's callback
* For inserting text after the transaction's description
* AfterUpdateType in Jumbo.html and Update.html
Best regards, Ruslan.
More information about the rt-devel