[Rt-devel] RT Priority logic - going against the grain

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 06:21:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

Is there any problem with us using priority number which have 1 as HIGHEST setting? I know this is the opposite of how they are explained in the wiki, but our manager wants them to work "the way everyone else works". If we don't want to use automatic changes to priorities, will this have any negative affect?

The notion is that our customers will expect Priority 1 to mean "Top Priority".  "Priority 99" would convey they lowest of the low priority.

Example:
1 - Major
2 - High
3 - Medium
4 - Normal
5 - Low

I'm currently testing out custom fields for this, but it seems clunky, and of course, it's not possible to display them (by default at least) in RT-at-a-glance.

Regards,
Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.