[Rt-devel] Determining authenticated user via REST API?

Steve Rushing steve.rushing at cdnetworks.com
Sun Aug 29 22:12:28 EDT 2010

Hi all,

So I've been tasked with setting up a live chat support system which will tie into a publically available RT system, for authenticating and logging.  I've got the logging part done with no problem, but I'm a little stuck on authentication.  I would like to be able to transparently authenticate against RT using the session cookie they get from logging in to the web UI, preferably seeding the user name for the live chat from it, too.  So, since the power of Google and the RT wiki didn't reveal it, I was hoping someone here could illuminate me with a convenient way to do this using the REST API, before I start hacking together a new module for RT.

Thanks,
Steve Rushing