[Rt-devel] PostgreSQL 8.4.4 and rt3 encoding

Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov
Thu Jul 29 09:54:15 EDT 2010

Per the DBA:
The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to LATIN1.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

We RT admins would like to keep the encoding that will work best with RT
and not be constrained for future RT upgrades.  So, will we incur problems
if we give in to setting the encoding to LATIN1 or SQL_ASCII?

-Sharon