[Rt-devel] Behaviour of RTAddressRegexp

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue May 25 02:31:17 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:23:06PM +0400, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

> I'm not with you. In trunk we do our best:
> 1) if option is not set we lookup in DB

but couldn't we check in DB even if it's defined? I don't think that
it's a performance problem, even for setups with hundreds of queues.

> 2) we still allow regexp

of course, it's needed.

> 3) we warn admin via logs if regexp is not defined

and via the UI in queue modify page.

> My idea is that usually hundreds emails turns into short regular
> expression. If it's not the case for you then you can use "no value"
> and DB lookups.

here I have setups with lot of queues with proper emails in database,
but a few external aliases to check.

imho, the best could be to check DB if RTAddressRegex returns undef (or
add one more option to configure this).