[Rt-devel] webmux connecting to the database; causing mod_perl startup to fail

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Sep 11 11:38:32 EDT 2010

> Maybe it would be possible to split the Init into two stages and only
> do the database connection in the second stage, which could be
> run by the Mason handler the first time a request comes in.

That's going to become impossible as we continue to move RT's configuration into the database. I consider having your database around before application startup to be a fairly serious requirement. Parallel startup scripts don't have a way to declare dependencies? How do you deal with, say, starting up apps that are mounted on NFS filesystems?