[Rt-devel] scripts in bin/ and sbin/ don't load libs from extensions

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 18 08:36:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:41:14PM +0200, Christian Loos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> scripts in bin/ and sbin/ only load libs from lib/RT/ and
> local/lib/RT/ but don't load libs from extensions.
>
> If you change an method within an extension the bin and sbin scripts
> use the default method instead of the changed method within the
> extension.
>
> Maybe someone can show me the right way to load the extension libs
> within the bin and sbin scripts.

Which scripts?  RT::Init pushes the Plugins into @INC and makes them
available from the command line scripts.  An example of where I had to
fix this at some point is ac6d4cac27be4c939df9276c103b30b414390880
which chooses the "use require" solution.  Another solution is to
RT::Init from a BEGIN block.

If you have specific examples, it'd be a lot easier to see what's
going on.

-kevin