[Rt-devel] a patch for rt-message-catalog to translate local/ stuff; usage added

Václav Ovsík vaclav.ovsik at i.cz
Wed Mar 16 12:48:46 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:41:29AM +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> It's better to split usage part from other things. Move usage docs
> into POD documentation and use Pod::Usage. Look into
> sbin/rt-setup-database for example.

Sounds reasonable. I have prepared this already...

> About main change. What would happen with plugins' strings and po files?
>
> Code looks good, however if I want to translate local customizations
> then I want the following:
>
> * extract all strings
> * generate local po file prefering its values
> * shrink generated local po file so it contain only differences and
> strings that are no in main po file and plugins' po files
>
> As far as I can see you solve first and second things. The last one
> would be cool to have as well.

My notion was bad :(.
I lived with idea, that stuff under local/ (including po) overwrites
things from pure RT code.
I looked at RT::I18N::Init and things make more sense now. :)
Thanks for the right direction Ruslan!

Should be scripts rt-message-catalog and extract-message-catalog kept
separate for some reason? Solving the above problem you described needs
probably addition some option switches controlling processing in both
scripts.

Thanks for your time.
Best Regards
--