[rt-devel] [rt-announce] RT Training in Atlanta, GA - October 23rd & 24th, 2012

Keri keri at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 7 16:43:54 EDT 2012

Best Practical Solutions provides unparalleled instruction in how to get the most out of RT.

Our next and final training for 2012 will be held in Atlanta, GA October 23rd and 24th. As we like to keep class sizes relatively intimate, register soon or we may not be able to guarantee you a seat.

This training will introduce you to the new features in RT4 as part of a comprehensive overview of RT. Whether you're an old hand at RT or a recent convert, you'll have a good understanding of all of RT's features and functionality by the end of the session.

The first day starts off with a tour of RT's web interface and continues with a detailed exploration and explanation of RT's functionality, aimed at non-programmer RT administrators. We'll walk through setting up a common helpdesk configuration, from rights management, constructing workflows and notifications, and the basics of Lifecycles.

The second day of training picks up with server-side RT administration and dives into what you need to safely customize and extend RT. We'll cover upgrading and deploying RT, database tuning, advanced Lifecycle configurations, writing tools with RT's API, building an extension, and demonstrate how to extensibly alter the web UI and internal functions.

It goes without saying that you'll get the most out of training if you attend both days of the course, but we've designed the material so that you can step out after the first day with a dramatically improved understanding of how to use RT or show up on the second day and get quickly up to speed on how to make RT do your bidding.

Pricing and Payment

The cost of the class includes training materials, a continental breakfast and an afternoon snack. Please note that lunch will not be provided.

Single Day - USD 995
Both Days - USD 1495 (25% savings)

To Register

If you'd like to pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover, please visit Best Practical's online store at https://shop.bestpractical.com. Unfortunately we are unable to accept American Express or PayPal.

If you'd prefer to pay with a purchase order, please email us a training at bestpractical.com. Be sure to include:

If you want to attend both days or a single day
Full names and email addresses of attendees

Please also contact us at training at bestpractical.com for discounted pricing if you are from an academic institution or if you'd like to send more than 3 people.