[rt-devel] unique custom field names or not

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 7 10:15:15 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 11:40:31AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> after creating two custom fields with the same name and apply them to
> two different queues I've encountered a problem with the ticket search
> (wrong results).
>
> Before digging deeper in this I want to ask if it is ok if custom fields
> don't have unique names or if custom fields should have unique names.

In general, this works, but I keep finding more and more corner cases
with it.  In particular, if RT doesn't have some Queue context to help
it out, hilarity ensues.

We've also fixed several bugs around this in newer versions, so
without knowing if you're still looking at 3.8 or are on 4.0, the
behavior may be different.

-kevin