[rt-devel] Local changes to help ticket searching

Jim Berry jim.h.berry at frb.gov
Wed Feb 6 10:02:46 EST 2013

Hi Kevin

> Hi Jim

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 10:35:55PM +0000, Jim Berry wrote:
>>    2. When doing a Content Search, we highlight the matching text when the ticket is displayed.
>>    This required adding a few lines in Ticket/Elements/ShowMessageStanza to wrap a <span> around
>>    the match and creating a CSS entry with a yellow background.  No doubt I am doing this in a
>>    very inefficient and inelegant way, but this does not seem to slow down the ticket
>>    display.

> My initial reaction was "performance" as you note, but it'd still be interesting to see what you did to see if it can end up in core.

I've attached a diff for ShowMessageStanza.  One of the performance issues is that the regexp is re-created for each attachment in a ticket. No doubt there is a better way to do this.

The CSS definition is tucked away in local/html/Callbacks/xxx/NoAuth/css/base/main.css/End

span.localhighlight {
    color: #000000;
    background-color: #FFFF00;
}