[rt-devel] [rt-announce] RT 4.0.9 Released
falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jan 16 17:39:43 EST 2013
I'm happy to announce that RT 4.0.9 is now available.
This release contains a number of bugfixes since the 4.0.8 release.
It also contains the first set of embargoed security tests fixed by
patches released on 2012-05-22. These are the tests for
vulnerabilities fixed in RT 4.0.6 and RT 3.8.12.
This release requires a newer HTML::RewriteAttributes.
You will be prompted to upgrade when upgrading RT or when manually
running 'make test-dependencies'.
If you have set a custom @JSFiles in RT_SiteConfig.pm, you will need to
amend this to include the new jquery.cookie.js file added to
RT_Config.pm. See UPGRADING-4.0 for more details.
* IE8/9 are encouraged never to use compatibility mode.
* User autocompletes on Oracle now work.
* Disabled personal groups hiding out from 3.8 are cleaned out.
* When upgrading from 3.8 to 4.0 the article upgrade points to the
correct upgrading documentation.
* Restore the link to a Queue's History.
* Stop manually deleting Custom Field Values in the REST API, use
the standard RT API calls.
* Avoid Devel::StackTrace 1.28 and 1.29 which are known to break RT.
* Don't show the full login page to mobile clients.
* Refresh your Localization preferences on each page load.
* TicketSQL containing Queue = 'Nonexistant Queue' will not generate
* Fix an error deleting Custom Field Values on some installs.
* Ensure that leading newlines on Templates are preserved, despite
browsers stripping them.
* Eliminate a potential deadlock on large emails when using GPG.
* Handle emails in unknown charsets better.
* Fix GPG Error templates that used reference passing.
* Make Configuration written by the installer consistent and skip some
* Log better error messages and fewer warnings with parsing unparseable
sender email addresses.
* Add a missing table element to the Outgoing Mail element.
* Allow 'requestors' on REST ticket creation because it was allowed in
3.8 (earlier versions of 4.0 only allowed requestor as a key).
* Fix loading of _Vendor and _Local files in plugins.
* Remove menu/page overlapping that prevented clicking on some links.
* Handle invalid/unindexable Full Text Search records in Pg better.
* Allow users without the ExecuteCode right to create Simple templates.
* Ensure that templates which use heredocs won't have mysterious
* Fix null and NULL to work interchangeably in TicketSQL.
* No longer match on an english string on the Jumbo page. This would
result in the Comment/Correspond textarea remaining populated if using
RT in a non-english locale.
* Remove even more old REST restrictions on Custom Field, Queue and
other object names.
* Avoid warnings when building the menu on pages with invalid Queues or
* Saved Search descriptions can safely contain  without running
afoul of the localization infrastructure.
* Allow setting a Queue's Lifecycle back to 'default'.
* Stop using HTML::Mason's cache_self method. It caused some rendering
bugs with GnuPG keys and won't be fixed by upstream.
* Fix "RefersTo is NULL" and "Requestor is NULL" to work properly in
TicketSQL (before we only checked for "IS NULL").
* Instead of localizing "Owner Name" in the charting UI, instead
localize the words separately.
* When overriding $HomepageComponents or other reference config types in
RT_SiteConfig.pm, the name would not render properly on
* Clean up session lockfiles because Apache::Session::File doesn't.
* Improve Custom Field Upload rendering when multiple files have been
* Bust the cache used by the SelectQueue widget when a Queue's name
* Dates on the Bulk Update page such as Due, Told, etc are now rendered
* The Rights Editor now keeps track of the user/group and tab selected
when submitting and switching between states.
* Allow bookmarking tickets from the mobile interface.
* Warn less when your RT is behind a proxy.
* New CheckMoreMSMailHeaders config option that tries harder to detect
outlook and repair weird linespacing issues in text parts.
* New callbacks to add more information to the Outgoing Mail elements.
* When listing statuses for multiple Queues/Lifecycles, group statuses
by Lifecycle (collapsing Lifecycles with identical Status lists). This
provides a more navigable status list on pages such as the Bulk Update.
* Improve performance of shrink_cgm_table.pl and
shrink_transactions_table.pl by processing more rows at a time.
* When updating fields that contain lots of text (such as templates)
don't display the entire contents of the template.
* Add Custom Field styling and a callback to easily add CFs in the mobile UI.
* Search Results that display many Custom Fields across many ticket rows
will now cache Custom Field objects and make fewer database queries.
* Extensions that use ExtractTicketId can now cleanly alter the subject
of the ticket.
* New callbacks at the beginning and end of search results.
* Record an X-RT-Interface header to track how a ticket was created.
* Improve dashboard rendering in Outlook and Lotus Notes by scrubbing
* Update messages to include the user being affected rather than saying
"Added principal" or "That principal".
* Provide add_after and add_before convenience methods for extensions
adding new menus to RT.
* Display examples of the Date Format preferences in the user's timezone
to make it clearer which formats are defined as UTC and which aren't.
* Users changing their password can now hit enter and not submit the
Auth Token Reset form.
* When users move a ticket from Queue A to Queue B and no longer have
the ability to see the ticket in Queue B, RT will still display a
message confirming that the move happened.
* Lifecycle documentation separate from the RT_Config.pm docs.
* Document how to use the Style Editor and how to add your own CSS.
* Document basic approvals configuration.
* Improve documentation and examples for CreateTickets action
* Improvements to the Article setup/usage documentation.
* Clean up extraneous quotes in our POD.
* New documentation on recommended backup procedures.
* Remove some erroneous documentation in the REST interface.
* New documentation for the initialdata file format.
* Improve SQL logging on record creation and the autocompleter.
* Improve the debugging mason errors to include a stack trace.
* Ensure tests never run in the local locale (which can cause
* Catch and error if we throw warnings in tests.
* The rt-apache tool now accepts "." so you can easily run from a git
* Enforce internal policies on the repository with 99-policy.t.
* Inline test server now clears the callback cache between tests.
git log rt-4.0.8..rt-4.0.9
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 235 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
rt-announce mailing list
rt-announce at lists.bestpractical.com
More information about the rt-devel