[rt-devel] Translators needed for RT 4.2 updates

Brumm, Torsten / Kuehne + Nagel / Ham GI-ID torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Wed Jun 5 07:42:34 EDT 2013

Oups, was my mistake during last translation

Torsten

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: rt-devel-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-devel-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] Im Auftrag von Thomas Sibley
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013 02:04
An: rt-devel at lists.bestpractical.com; RT Users
Betreff: [rt-devel] Translators needed for RT 4.2 updates

Hello RT users and hackers,

We're hard at work on what will become RT 4.2.  Part of that process is starting to get the translations updated, and that's where you come in.
 If you speak English and a language other than English, we'd love if you took a bit of time to help update RT's translations for the next major release series.

We translate RT using the Launchpad.net Rosetta translations tool, which means you help translate RT from your browser.  You can find basic instructions here:
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/TranslationRosetta or just jump in:
https://translations.launchpad.net/rt/master

Our message catalog tool found some errors in existing translations around the use of placeholders, which I've split out into separate files and attached, one for each language.  If you're contributing to a translation, it'd be great to fix the problems noted in the appropriate file.

Of particular note are bi-directional text issues and placeholders (%1, %2, etc) in the Arabic translation.  Launchpad's web translation tool currently makes it difficult to verify that the usage of placeholders in right-to-left text is correct.  If anyone is up for it, it may be easiest to fix up those strings using offline translation (no more complicated than editing a text file) and then uploading to Launchpad with the corrected file.

Let us know if there's any way we can help with translations, and thanks to everyone who has contributes.

Cheers,
Thomas

Kühne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschäftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Dirk Blesius, Reiner Heiken, Holger Ketz (Stellv.), Jan-Hendrik Köstergarten (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Christian Marnetté, Jens Wollesen, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kühne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschäftsführender Verwaltungsrat: Karl Gernandt