[rt-devel] Callbacks - Hiding custom fields

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu May 2 17:40:34 EDT 2013

On 05/02/2013 02:47 AM, Martin Wheldon wrote:
> And get the information about the customfield find, I can even set the a customfield to disabled
> however I'm unsure on how to mask a CF from the page?
>
> Googling throws up the following extension:
> https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-customfield-hideemptyvalues/blob/master/html/Callbacks/CustomField-HideEmptyValues/Elements/ShowCustomFields/MassageCustomFields
>
> But looking at the documentation Limit no longer exists.
>
> Is it as simple as removing the customfield from the $CustomFields object?

What documentation says that Limit doesn't exist?  The Limit method is a
fundamental part of DBIx::SearchBuilder and RT.

$CustomFields->Limit(
    FIELD    => 'Name',
    OPERATOR => '!=',
    VALUE    => 'Foo',
);

There's no API to "remove" an object from a DBIx::SearchBuilder
collection; you should instead limit your search so it isn't found.