[rt-devel] Fwd: RT 4.0.13 REST.pm faulty regex?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 1 17:00:23 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:09:09AM -0700, Tim Wiley wrote:
> >>my $field = '[a-z][a-z0-9_ ~/-]*’;
> >>
> >>The error exists because '_' comes after ' ' in the character set, since
> >>a range is specified from lower bounds to upper bounds.
>
> That worked beautifully.  Thank you for the regex help.  I guess
> it's true that you learn something new every day.

The regex you're changing is actually the one for parsing

Requestors:

from the REST submission.  The code for handling
CF.{Foo} comes from the custom_field_spec and is much more liberal
already.  I expect some other problem, but you didn't show a REST
trace.

On 4.2.0 I can run
./bin/rt ls "'CF.{F~G/Bar}' = 1"
and see over the wire
CF.{F~G/Bar}: 1
and that gets parsed properly and returns values.

Your report did uncover another interesting thing, but not the bug as
reported/fixed by your change.

-kevin