[rt-devel] RT 4.2.0rc2 released

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 20 15:47:37 EDT 2013

We're extremely excited to announce the availability of RT 4.2.0rc2 -
the second release candidate for the next major version of RT.

We would be thrilled to hear your experiences installing or upgrading to
this release; the more feedback we get, the sooner the official release
of RT 4.2.0 can occur.  Bear in mind that reports of successful installs
and upgrades are just as important as reports of issues.

Please be sure to review the upgrading documentation available in
docs/UPGRADING-4.2, as there are a number of backward-incompatible
changes that come along with the new version number.  Upgrading
documentation is also available here:
http://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2.0/UPGRADING-4.2.html

http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-4.2.0rc2.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-4.2.0rc2.tar.gz.asc

b4c9c27ba7661f7bc59b5f18c99091cdf050a5a3  rt-4.2.0rc2.tar.gz
507d4fc6d134c7b55d2c2deeb552520c33a98dda  rt-4.2.0rc2.tar.gz.asc

This release fixes a number of errors found in testing the first release
candidate; changes are listed below.

 - Alex Vandiver, for Best Practical

 * Fix minor formatting errors in POD documentation
 * Switch away from use of methods which are now deprecated
 * Accept S/MIME certificates with CRLF newlines
 * Allow S/MIME encryption to untrusted certificates
 * Fix index manipulation on case-sensitive MySQL installations
 * Correct upgrade history for extensions