[rt-devel] Upgrade Help from version 3.8.1 to 4.2.3

Lists lists at lolling.org
Tue Apr 15 12:46:04 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to the RT lists as well as new to the administration of the RT
product.  My company has used RT for many years but was maintained by
another admin.

I have been asked to upgrade our RT system from version 3.8.1 running on
CentOS 5.9 to version 4.2.3 running on CentOS 6.5.  Since I am
installing a new OS on new hardware, I will be installing the latest
versions of Apache and mySQL from RPM's.

Just wondering if any one has any experience upgrading and could pass
along any problems you may have encountered, etc.

I have been reading the Install and upgrade documentation, trying to put
together a migration plan but figured I would ask on the mailing lists
to see if I could learn from someone who may have already been through
the process.

Thanks,

David -