[rt-devel] Patch to add aria labels to SelectionBox arrow buttons

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 30 17:28:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 05:43:13PM +0000, Keith Creasy wrote:
> Screen readers such as “JAWS” and “NVDA” that provide access to web pages for
> blind users do not read the arrow buttons on the selection box. This patch adds
> aria-label attributes “Add”, “Move up”, and “Move down” to assist them.

Knowing that not all devs are immediately aware of the aria-label
convention, do you have a pointer to something 'official' about it
(and how well it's supported by screen readers).  I don't mind adding
things to core to support user agents, but want to make sure I have a
better understanding of it.

-kevin