[rt-devel] [rt-users] New UX for RT: REST 2.0, json, and what?

Felipe C. do R. Pinto felipecrp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:19:42 EDT 2014

Àkos,

- so far we have create a devel 4.2 environment,
> - got the new rest api working,

Great!

- earlier we had decided angularjs,

I would suggest some other frameworks that are really cool:

1. Twitter bootstrap for a cool and responsive interface (
http://getbootstrap.com/). It also enable css themes for the UI.
2. Less Css to make it easier to design the UI (http://lesscss.org/features/
)
3. Jquery, for easy access RT REST API (
http://api.jquery.com/jquery.getjson/)
4. Datatables for amazing table handle (http://datatables.net/index)

- we are just choosing IDE: there was Eclipse and Netbeans on the list,
> Netbeans seems to win.

Eclipse is a very powerful editor, but for html, javascript and even perl,
I really like sublime text 3.

> - we are considering debugging related things (ie: coding habits), since
> the cross-browser debugging needs some special care.

This is important. I don´t know much in perl debugging. For javascript, I
use firebug.

> - we have to choose a place for project communication, since you and Frank
> expressed your interest in contributing.

This list sounds cool, but I also think we should create a
organization/project in github to use:

1. code repo
2. wiki to record our project documentation
3. issue tracker to keep the roadmap task trackable.

Finally, I also have the following suggestions:

The UX should focus on user experience.  I think we should focus on the
following use cases:

1. search for tickets
2. show tickets
3. ticket creation and maintenance

I also think we should develop keyboard shortcut in a way that users can
interact with the UX without need the mouse. (cool!)

Best regards,
Felipe

Felipe Curty do Rego Pinto
felipecrp at gmail.com