[rt-devel] [rt-users] New UX for RT: REST 2.0, json, and what?
Felipe C. do R. Pinto
felipecrp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:19:42 EDT 2014
- so far we have create a devel 4.2 environment,
> - got the new rest api working,
- earlier we had decided angularjs,
I would suggest some other frameworks that are really cool:
1. Twitter bootstrap for a cool and responsive interface (
http://getbootstrap.com/). It also enable css themes for the UI.
2. Less Css to make it easier to design the UI (http://lesscss.org/features/
3. Jquery, for easy access RT REST API (
4. Datatables for amazing table handle (http://datatables.net/index)
- we are just choosing IDE: there was Eclipse and Netbeans on the list,
> Netbeans seems to win.
I really like sublime text 3.
> - we are considering debugging related things (ie: coding habits), since
> the cross-browser debugging needs some special care.
> - we have to choose a place for project communication, since you and Frank
> expressed your interest in contributing.
This list sounds cool, but I also think we should create a
organization/project in github to use:
1. code repo
2. wiki to record our project documentation
3. issue tracker to keep the roadmap task trackable.
Finally, I also have the following suggestions:
The UX should focus on user experience. I think we should focus on the
following use cases:
1. search for tickets
2. show tickets
3. ticket creation and maintenance
I also think we should develop keyboard shortcut in a way that users can
interact with the UX without need the mouse. (cool!)
Felipe Curty do Rego Pinto
felipecrp at gmail.com
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 5:16 AM, <akos.torok at docca.hu> wrote:
> Hi Wallace,
> Thanks, it's great! So we would communicate on the rt-devel list. I just
> write an email to the rt-users to let them know why we disapear from that
> list (since the feedbacks came from that list so far).
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Wallace Reis <wreis at bestpractical.com>wrote:
>> On 25/03/14, 6:21 PM, akos.torok at docca.hu wrote:
>> > - we have to choose a place for project communication, since you and
>> > Frank expressed your interest in contributing.
>> The rt-devel list is probably a good and the right place. Additionally,
>> the BPS team will make sure to post there specially about the work on
>> new REST API.
>> Wallace Reis/wreis
>> Software Engineer
>> Best Practical Solutions
> RT Training - Dallas May 20-21
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rt-devel