[rt-devel] REST performance drop after upgrade from 4.2.9 to 4.2.10

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 31 04:58:02 EDT 2015

Am 30.03.2015 um 19:25 schrieb Alex Vandiver:
> I'm not aware of any intentional changes in REST between 4.2.9 and
> 4.2.10 -- which implies that the performance drop is due to
> second-order changes.
>
> What is the content of the REST request?  If you start up a
> single-threaded server with Devel::NYTProf on it and make the REST
> request, where does it say the time is being spent?
>  - Alex

I have done this:

sudo perl -d:NYTProf /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server --server Standalone --port 8080
wget http://localhost:8080/REST/1.0/ticket/10587/history?format=l
nytprofhtml --open

Attached the nytprofhtml output for
/opt/rt4/share/html/REST/1.0/Forms/ticket/history

As I'm not familiar with NYTProf I'm not sure if this is the correct
output you want.
If not, it would be great if you can provide details steps to profile
the REST call.

Thanks.

Chris