[rt-devel] RT 4.4.1rc1 released

Shawn Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 13 17:38:13 EDT 2016

Hi Duncan,

On 2016年6月8日 at 20:15:57, Duncan McEwan (duncan at ecs.vuw.ac.nz) wrote:
> As far as I can tell, in order to modify preferences a user has to be given
> the "ModifySelf" right. A quick skim over the code in lib/RT/User.pm
> (particularly the subs SetPreferences() and CurrentUserCanModify()) seems to
> back up my experimental observations. Am I missing something here?

Nope, you’re right.

> We would like our staff members (those who handle RT tickets created by our
> users) to be able to set their own preferences (such as default theme, whether
> or not to use the WYSIWYG editor, etc) without also being able to do things
> like change their email address, real name, etc.
>
> At the moment our staff members have the ModifySelf right and we trust them not
> to change things we don't want them to. But I'd feel more comfortable if they
> weren't able to make those other changes…!

That certainly makes a lot of sense. ModifySelf is one of those rights (along with ModifyTicket) that combines several different restrictions; I’ve created a feature request ticket on your behalf, for a ModifyOwnPreferences right:

https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=32077

> Duncan

Cheers!
Shawn