[rt-devel] using RT 4.2.12 with example.com/rt (vs.) example.com

Joachim Schiele js at lastlog.de
Tue Mar 8 11:05:59 EST 2016

hey,

regarding 'static' files in RT we had problem with a reverse proxy setup:

example.com/rt/static/css/mobile.css for instance wasn't found. this
holds true for all other files in /rt/static/* and files from the
rt-extension's static folder weren't found either.

we assume a glitch in RT's router.

=== config ===
  https://gist.github.com/qknight/3191bc7f0274f5e70c32

=== daemon start ===
rm -Rf /tmp/rt4/opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/*;
/tmp/rt4/opt/rt4/sbin/standalone_httpd

note:
- please don't advice this is incorrect deployment method, we know that.
- we fixed this by adding an "Alias":
   Alias "/rt/static/" "/www/static/"
          <Directory "/rt/static/">
            Options Indexes
            AllowOverride None
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
          </Directory>

our goal is to find out why 'static' wasn't served by PSGI. we have seen:

# Set( @StaticRoots,
#         {
#             path => qr{^/static/},
#             root => '/tmp/rt4/opt/rt4/share',
#         },
#     );

and we used it, but seemd to not have any effect.

note: if we:
- removed Set( $WebPath, "/rt" );
- added Set( $WebsocketPort , "5000");

we were able to get the static files from:
  http://localhost:8080 without any problems

so this really seems to be a router problem of some kind?

please advice.

thanks in advance,
joachim & paul