[rt-users] creating members

Neil Curri ncurri at fastcompany.com
Mon Apr 3 14:59:44 EDT 2000

Hola,

A former administrator has set up RT here, and I've just inherited the
administration of it - so I'm not familiar with install or config.
According to the user guide, creating new users is "the same as
modifying your own account, except that you must fill in a username as
well."

Ok, so the account I use, which the former administrator set up for me,
has "Admin" privileges to modify users and the queues. So, I login to
the admin-webrt interface with my account and pw, and click "Modify your
RT Account". I can change my account's information - or anyone else's,
if I go to the queue modify interface and click the links for the
queue's members - except for the username. It remains static text on the
html page, not as an editable form field.

What am I missing? Can one create users from the command line with SQL?

Neil Curri
Systems Admin
Fast Company

"I'm weak today. I missed breakfast and at lunch I spilled my chocolate milk"
-Charles Bukowski