[rt-users] Problem configuring the mail gateway

Rainer Weigle weigle at dkrz.de
Wed Apr 5 09:38:35 EDT 2000

Hi everyone and especially Brandon,

Am Mit, 05 Apr 2000 schrieb Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH:
> On Wednesday, April 05, 2000 3:06 PM +0200, Rainer Weigle <weigle at dkrz.de>
> wrote:
> +-----
> | -rwxr-xr-x   3 rt       rt          7792 Apr  4 17:19 suid_wrapper*
> +--->8
>
> chmod u+s suid_wrapper

Thanks this helped but ....

> --
> brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
> system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery at ece.cmu.edu
> electrical and computer engineering                                    KF8NH
> carnegie mellon university      ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]

only for short because if I put he stickybit on suid-wrapper the cgi scripts
(webrt.cgi and admin-webrt.cgi) also get the sticky bit and this is something
that my apache (1.3.12) doesn't like. To be more exact the suEXEC wrapper which
it uses to start the scripts doesn't execute scripts that have the sticky bit
set.

Anyone any ideas ??? (I don't want to run apache as rt:rt, if I dont have to)

Thanks Rainer
 --
Rainer Weigle - MPI fuer Meteorologie
weigle at dkrz.de