[rt-users] RT Mail command interface

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Wed Apr 26 12:33:15 EDT 2000

[please follow up to the devel list]

[TobiX]
> > It's some sort of a problem that there are rather few that uses the
> > mailgate in an advanced way, as well as the duedate aren't used by that
> > many either, so errors like this goes undetected for a long time.  I fear
> > the same will be an issue with 2.0.

[Jesse]
> I'm actually less concerned about problems like this in RT2. perl -w
> and use strict would have caught these issues. RT1.x's core code
> is a bit too old to adopt such things, but the rewrite has been using them from the start.

Well, bugs still appears with "-w" and "use strict".  What I'm afraid for,
is that the complete package must contain features that (almost?) nobody
uses.  I really think that there will be things that _should_ work in the
2.0 that won't work and won't be discovered until long time after release
unless (somebody) do a major work testing all possibilities.

Then again, if people encounter things that won't work with 2.0, the help
will probably only be some few hours away when asking at the user or devel
lists...

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX