[rt-users] mail aliases?

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Fri Apr 28 05:34:20 EDT 2000

Thanks Tobias,

I followed your advice and just ignored the failed tests, and installed
and configured RT. It's working beautifully via the web now, but the email
interface isn't quite working yet...

I presume I need mail aliases for each queue in /etc/mail/aliases ?
I have the following RT mail aliases:

rt:     |"/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond"
rt-action: |"/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general action"

as per the docs, and then I added a queue "ops". Sendmail was replying
with user unkown so I added the following "ops" aliases...

ops:    |"/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate ops correspond"
ops-action: |"/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate ops action"

But any mail to sent to ops at mydomain doesn't end up in any queue. It just
seems to get lost. Sendmail seems to accept it, but it's not turning up in
RT. Obviously I have'nt configured this correctly, but the docs only
mention settings up the rt aliases. Notification of requests created via
the web go out with the correct queue name ops at domain etc, but I can't

Thanks :-)

Paul