[rt-users] Timed priority increases

deborah kaplan deborah at curl.com
Fri Apr 28 17:15:00 EDT 2000

Hey all.  My manager has requested the following functionality in
rt.  I've volunteered (jesse plied me with sushi) to write the
functionality for rt 2, but has anyone written it for rt 1?  Just
so I can make her happy in the intervening month or so?

Thanks!

Deborah
deborah at curl.com

3.  Create a system of Service Level Actions
A week is defined to be 5 business days
The business day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 7 p.m.

There should be four service levels - Low Priority, Medium Priority, High
Priority and Emergency.  As a general rule, all tickets begin in the system as
Medium, and can get demoted or escalated by the technician in charge.

In addition,
a)  Low priority tickets move to medium after 110 hours (two weeks) and 22
hours (two days) before the automatic escalation the technician gets warned
automatically.

b)  Medium priority tickets move to High after 55 hours (one weeks) and 11
hours (one day) before the automatic escalation the technician gets warned
automatically.  In addition, the lst level manager of the technician gets
warned when the escalation occurs.

c)  high priority tickets move to emergency after 5 hoursand 1 hour before the
automatic escalation the technician gets warned automatically.  In addition
the lst Level and 2nd level manager gets warned when escalation occurs.

d)  Emergency priority reaches threshold after 1 hour.  At that time mail is
sent to the technician, 1st and 2nd level managers.