[rt-users] Unwieldy users list...

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sat Apr 29 09:44:45 EDT 2000

Tobias Brox wrote:

> > I can see as I add new users and queues that the list of users going
> > down the side of a new queue creation page is going to quickly become
> > unwieldy.  Any suggestions or has this already been addressed in v2?
>
> Yeah, that has been a problem here also.  The v2 admin interface hasn't
> been made yet, but we should think of some better solution.  Suggestions?
> Maybe optionally allow people to enter a login instead of selecting from a
> list?

You could allow users to be pulled together into groups, and add a list
of groups to different queues?  Depends on how your organise your users,
but in my case we have a set of "front line people" who have a certain
level of access, and core people who have another set to the queues.

At the moment this is done manually, but the ability to group them
together would be useful and less error prone.

Regards,
Anil Madhavapeddy