[rt-users] due-dates on resolved tickets

Sheeri awfief at cs.brandeis.edu
Wed Aug 16 13:31:52 EDT 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Jonathan Detert wrote:

> When a ticket was given a due-date, and is still not resolved prior to
> it, I realize (and it makes sense) that the due-date would show up as
> red in the "Display Queue" view of the web ui.  But why does it show up
> as red even after it's resolved?  Even when it was resolved prior to
> its assigned due-date?

I noticed that too.  It was kinda annoying....Actually I noticed it
because I was 11 hours behind according to RT -- it assumes a due date
means 12 midnight on that day, so even when I get to work in the morning,
it looks like I'm slacking off.

Jesse, can you make it so that you can assign a time for something to be
due as well?  Maybe just an hour or something....

> Does this make sense to anybody?  It's confusing to me; it looks like RT
> says the ticket is resolved, but overdue.  I'm guessing the logic used to
> display the due-date doesn't take the ticket status into consideration.

Anyway, it makes sense to me.  I'm guessing that the database stores a
field for the date due, and instead of saying, "it was due 3 days ago but
you resolved it [on time or not]" it just has a formula to say, "this is
due in foo time" where foo is the date due taken from the database.  It
probably wouldn't be too hard to develop some sort of if statement that
says, "if the ticket is resolved, just enter the date it was due" and that
way you can see what day it was due....But then what happens if/when you
reopen the ticket?

Is it really that important not to see that tickets were due (in red) last
year?  I think they've done it the sanest way possible.  (except for the
time thing.)

-Sheeri