[rt-users] A question about correspond

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Mon Aug 21 15:32:47 EDT 2000

The hack I sent out just now addresses this problem by making all of
the emails default to comments. For all of my queues the aliases look
like this:

   testing:         "| /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate testing   comment"
   testing-reply:   "| /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate testing   correspond"
   testing-admin:   "| /usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate testing   action"

The result is that the requestors can still generate a new request,
but mail sent in response to the new request does not go back to the
requestor. In practice we tell queue members to use the web interface
to correspond, and if they complain I tell them about the special
Correspond and Action addresses, which must be hand entered
(appending -reply or -admin) to work properly.

This works very well for us.

--- Eric