[rt-users] newbie prob

Swen Thuemmler Swen.Thuemmler at paderlinx.de
Wed Aug 23 06:18:10 EDT 2000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, DE VERA . JAL wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> 	i have just installed rt-1.0.3 on one of our linux servers and i
> tried sending a test mail to an rt user.  however, i keep on encountering
> this error.

> |"/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate rtqueue correspond"
>     (expanded from: <rt at balut.admu.edu.ph>)

> sh: rt-mailgate not available for sendmail programs
> 554 |"/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate rtqueue correspond"... Service unavailable
>
> 	i installed all the required packages except for sendmail (it was
> put during the machine's installation).
>
> 	what did i miss?

You missed the FAQ, Q5.1:
  Q5.1 Sendmail won't let me run rt-mailgate

   If you get an error like the following:
|"/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general action"
(expanded from: <rt-action at mustang.hiwaay.net>)

sh: rt-mailgate not available for sendmail programs
554 |"/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general action"... Service unavailable

   then, the following information from Jesse should help:
Sendmail has a program called smrsh. smrsh restricts what binaries can
be run from sendmail aliases.  I think it keeps the programs in
/etc/smrsh on redhat6.  add a symlink from
/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate to /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate and things
should work better.

Hope this helps.

--Swen